This recipe is very similar to my Tempeh Stir Fry, except this recipe is made with the addition of sauteed radish! Yes, radish! Sauteed radishes are actually quite tasty, and they add great flavor and texture to any meal.
So…let us begin!
You will need:
- 1 package organic tempeh (about 8 oz) cubed into 1/2 inch pieces. You can use soy, chickpea, or a barley/oat mixture
- 1 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 2 large garlic cloves
- about 3 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp soy or tamari sauce
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- pinch of black pepper
- your choice of any green salad mix (spring mix, spinach, kale, baby greens, etc)
Saute the garlic, radish and onions first with 2 tbsp of coconut oil until golden, then add the tempeh, worcestershire sauce, tamari, turmeric, onion powder and pepper. Cook with the last tbsp of coconut oil until tempeh is brown on all sides, about 2 minutes.
Once the tempeh, radish and onions are fully browned, remove from heat and let cool a bit. Take your salad greens, put in a bowl, and add the tempeh stir fry. Top with sesame seeds, and…eat up!