Luckily for you, the mode of preparation is far easier than pronouncing the name of this sauce. Similar to my Cashew “Cheese” Sauce, this has several flavor additions in it, including vegan chicken bouillon for the “chicken” flavor. You can find vegan bouillon at any healthfood store in spice or vitamin section, or buy them online like I do!
Let us begin!
You will need:
– 1 1/2 cups soaked cashews (at least two hours previous, preferably four)
– 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
– 1/2 yellow bell pepper
– 1/4 cup water
– 1 1/2 tsp vegan chicken bouillon, or one cube vegan chicken bouillon
– 2 tsp onion powder
– 1 clove garlic or 1 tsp minced garlic (these come in glass jars at the store)
– 1 tsp sesame seeds
– 1/2 tsp tumeric
– bit of pepper (so extra salt, as the bouillon is usually enough)
– 2 tbsp pine nuts
– 1/2 of either a white or yellow onion
– Soak 1 cup of cashews in 3 cups water for 4 to 6 hours. This is to soften them, as well as for health reasons! (See my blog post: Soak your Nuts! )
After the cashews are soaked, put them into a high powered blender along with the rest of the ingredients. Pulse/blend for several minutes, making sure to push the mixture around so that it is totally blended.
The mixture should be smooth, creamy and smell amaaaazing!
Top with some fresh oregano leaves and serve! Use it as a dip for vegetables, a cheese layer for vegan lasagna, a salad dressing or sauce for zucchini noodles, like below: